Sport Truck February Meeting Minutes
Date: February 15, 2017
Meeting Called to Order (Time): 7:01pm
Reading of Previous Months Minutes: Alyssa Larson
Previous Months Minutes Accepted By:
First: Brett VanHorn
Second: Jason Plutz
Reading of Treasurer's Report: Dan Plutz
Total in Account: $119.43
Parts Inventory: Costs:
● Dodge Front Ends: 4 $185
● Chevy Front Ends: 1 $185
● Tail Sections: 4 $110
● Cabs: 2 $180
● Sets of Sides: 7 $100
● Front Bumpers: 9 $10
● Rear Bumpers: 4 $25
● Front Wheel Hubs: 3 $70
● Rear Wheel Hubs: 5 $55
● Rear Brake Rotor Hubs: 6 $60
● Rear Axles: 0 $90
● Sprocket Hubs: 4 $45
● Windshields: 1 $30
● Throttle Cables: 6 $120
Parts Notes: Ordering axles before season starts. Would like a count before season starts. Getting more windshields. Everyone make sure to get the parts you need.
Other Treasurer Notes: Raceiver earbuds?
Treasurer’s Report Accepted By:
First: - N/A
Second: - N/A
· If Drivers are not lined up before going out to the half mile, that Driver would start in the back of the field at WIR.
o Yes: 10
o No: 2
· Add language to the by-laws that a Minor’s Parents need to be present at the Driver’s Meeting.
o Yes: 12
o No: 0
· Make changes to the by-laws that includes the Minor’s Parents and updating the dates in by-laws
o Yes: 12
o No: 0
· Jordan sent contract to Jim Duchow.
· Asking to find out if away drivers get membership price
· Week after Red, White, Blue races is a throwback night.
o No body concept was rejected
o Have former truck drivers to race a 8 lap exhibition instead?
· Radios to be discussed with Jim Duchow
● Confirmed, Dells Raceway Park, July 15th
● Golden Sands Speedway, Memorial Day Weekend (Kyle Quella called, good chance we’ll be invited)
● Slinger Super Speedway, June 18th, Fathers Day ($25 to get into pits)
● Confirmed, Norway Speedway, Labor Day Weekend
● Norway Dates include, May 26th, June 9th, June 23rd, July 7th, July 21st, August 9th, August 18th, and September 3rd
● Tundra Season Opener at WIR is out
● Going to try September 24th at Dells Raceway Park with Tundra Series as Season Finale
● More minor release forms at Slinger (must be notarized)
● Jordan tried contacting Wausau – got nothing in response
Wristbands to be present at all times in WIR pits or you will have to pack up and leave.
o Talk to Norway drivers about coming to WIR? (Can pay member price)
o No minors in pits without waiver signed (enforce)
o Marty Sokolek is in talks with potential sponsor
o Waupaca Foundry to sponsor WIR series again
o Weekly in-truck camera goes on Facebook page
o Waupaca logo on side of video? Other sponsors too?
o A WST officer must represent the club at away races
o Tanner Fickel will be the spokesperson at Norway races
o Motion to approve rule book next month by Jordan Fisher
o 1st: Scott Larson
o 2nd: Beth Craig
o Strict board member to board member conversations between clubs
o Kwik Trip sponsorship is a no go
Motion to Adjourn Time: 8:11pm
First: Jason Plutz
Second: Brett VanHorn